Basement Watchdog offers several support options for our products such as tips, tutorials
and troubleshooting guides. We are here for your and ready to help in any way we can.
Basement Watchdog Klunkless Check Valve™
This Basement Watchdog Klunkless Check Valve features a
silencing air chamber that absorbs the sound that normally
occurs after a pump shuts off. The valve installs easily on
both 1-1/2" and 1-1/4" pipes with no gluing required.
- Reduces the loud CLUNKING sound when sump
- Silencing air chamber absorbs the sound that normally
occurs after pump shutoff
- No gluing required
- Compatible with 1-1/2 in. and 1-1/4 in. pipes
- Fits easily in compact spaces
- Not for use with ejector pumps
- Stainless-steel hose clamps for convenience
How it Works
- Installed on sump pump discharge pipes to keep water
from returning to the sump pit when the pump stops
- Keeps flooding water from entering the building through
the discharge pipe
- While the pump is running the flapper in the check valve
opens and lets the water out
- When the pump stops, the water above the check valve
rushes back down and slams the flapper closed
- This keeps the water from re-entering the sump pit – it
also makes a loud and annoying clunking noise!
- Has a large silencing air chamber that absorbs the sound
of the returning water
- Reduces the noise when the pump stops
- Don't be awakened on rainy nights by a clunking noise every time the sump pump stops!