Basement Watchdog offers several support options for our products such as tips, tutorials
and troubleshooting guides. We are here for your and ready to help in any way we can.
Basement Watchdog Parallel Jumper Cable
The Basement Watchdog Parallel Jumper Cable allows for extended
sump pump run time by connecting multiple Basement Watchdog 7.5 Hour
Standby batteries to the Basement Watchdog Big Dog sump pump
system. The cable is easy to install and is wired in parallel (positive-to-positive
and negative-to-negative). Gives you added protection against
flooding when your main pipe fails, or if the power goes out.
- Enables the extended sump pump run time of the Big Dog
Battery Backup System
- Connects multiple Basement Watchdog 7-1/2 hour batteries
(not included) to your existing Basement Watchdog Big Dog
sump pump system
- Requires additional Basement Watchdog 7.5 Hour Standby
battery and acid pack (z-pack) for a complete setup
- Wired in parallel (positive-to-positive and negative-to-negative)
- For use with the Basement Watchdog Big Dog backup system
- The batteries should be of similar age and capacity
- Connecting an old and new battery together will not allow for proper charging
- Specific connection instructions are explained below
- For additional safety information and instructions please see instruction manual
Please note, not all systems can accommodate 2 batteries
Connecting the Parallel Cables
To increase the running time of your system, two batteries can be connected together.
- Unplug the system from the wall
- Place one battery next to the controller. This will be considered "Battery A"
- The black wire with the positive (+) sticker should
be placed on the positive (+) terminal of both batteries
- Tighten the wing nut on to the positive (+) side of Battery B.
- Now attach the positive (+) wire form the controller to the positive (+)
post of Battery A, and tighten the wing nut securing both wires
- The white wire should be placed on the negative (-) terminal of both batteries
- Tighten the wing nut on the negative (-) side Battery B
- Now attach the negative (-) wire form the controller to the negative (-) post of Battery A, and tighten the wing nut securing both wires
- Insert the fluid sensor into Battery A's insertion point
- You will need to manually monitor the water level in the secondary battery
- We suggest checking it at least every 6-9 months
- Plug the control unit back into a grounded AC wall outlet
- The system will monitor and charge both batteries
- No external charger is needed for the secondary battery